Tjänst: Climate Change and Energy Officer (SWE23.320)
Företag: Brittiska Ambassaden
Sista ansökan: 2023-09-08
Ansökan: Ansök här
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
The British Embassy in Stockholm is part of a world-wide diplomatic network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. We are now looking for a Climate & Energy Officer to lead work with Swedish partners to combat climate change, consolidate opportunities for collaboration in energy policy and support the green transition.
What is this role all about?
- To implement the Embassy’s climate and energy strategy for Sweden. This will require you to work closely with our economic, security, prosperity, trade, communications and science and innovation colleagues both in the embassy and in the wider FCDO. Your role will include policy and project delivery aligned with UK Government objectives that support long-term decarbonisation, resilience & adaptation objectives, clean growth and energy innovation, energy security, Arctic science, nature-based solutions and green finance.
- To work with a network of colleagues in the Nordic Baltic countries on regional climate change and energy initiatives. This will require identification of shared opportunities, co-ordination of activity and management of resources across the network and reporting on progress to London.
- To support the communications team in developing and delivering communications on climate and energy.
- To build a network of working level contacts in national and local governments across Sweden, in business, civil society and youth groups in support of UK Government objectives.
- To arrange and deliver Ministerial and official visits from the UK related to climate and energy. This could include organising visit agendas and supporting events as required. Ensure UK departments are well prepared to receive inward visits from Swedish officials and Ministers.
- To seek opportunities for maximising cooperation between the UK and Sweden on climate and energy matters, and help design and lead campaigns and projects that support these areas of co-operation. This includes a focus on action to support delivery of commitments made in the Glasgow Breakthroughs launched at the UK-hosted COP26 in November 2021.
- You will also support longer-term climate change, environment, nature and clean energy objectives, including working with Sweden in third countries in support of the global shift to net zero.
Why should you apply?
You will lead and develop a diverse team of corporate service staff, and oversee contractors, to deliver excellent, cost-effective services to partners from across the UK Government on the platform of the British Embassy.
|Our ideal candidate shows: Essential skills A bachelor’s degree Strong understanding of international climate change policy or energy policy, with relevant experience including from university or previous professional work experience Level of language required: (C1 level) Strong English and Swedish written and oral, able to effectively communicate complex analysis of your subjects in both languages Strong communication and interpersonal skills Proven ability to work in a team Knowledge or experience of project management and/or communications work|
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- 3 years or more of relevant professional experience focussed on international climate change or energy policy
- Experience working for national or local government, NGO, embassy, university or an international organization
- Experience of managing diverse and senior level relationships
- Competent in social media strategy and content creation
Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Delivering at Pace, Communicating and Influencing, Working Together
Deadline for applications is 8th September 2023. For further details on this vacancy and information on how to apply, please follow the link to the FCDO Local Staff Vacancies Homepage Climate Change & Energy Officer (SWE23.320) – FCO Local Posts (tal.net)
This is a fixed term 11 months contract with possibility of extension. The position is full time position(40 hours per week).
|All applicants should have the right to live and work in Sweden. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits. According to the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs, locally employed staff should either be Swedish citizens, EU citizens or permanent residents of any nationality registered in the population register when beginning their employment. Registration in the population register is not possible once employment has begun. For more information, please consult: https://www.government.se/government-of-sweden/ministry-for-foreign-affairs/diplomatic-portal/diplomatic-guide/8.-employment/8.1-locally-employed-staff/ The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance.|